WG&L's Analysis of IFRS 1, First-Time Adoption provides in-depth analysis of the guidance provided by IFRS 1 to first-time adopters of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs). It addresses IFRS 1 as amended in May 2010.
IFRS 1 defines what a first time adoption of IFRSs is and provides transition guidance for companies presenting financial statements under IFRS for the first time. Highlights include:
- A definition of and guidance related to a company's first IFRS opening balance sheet;
- Provisions related to the choice and application of IFRS accounting policies;
- A discussion of each of the elective exemptions from retrospective application of all standards offered by IFRS 1;
- A discussion of the required exceptions from retrospective application of all standards mandated by IFRS 1;
- A discussion of the disclosure requirements in IFRS 1 meant to help the users of the financial statements understand the consequences of the adoption of IFRS.
WG&L's Analysis of IFRS 1, First-Time Adoption provides expert insights and viewpoints throughout the book. A large number of illustrations were also incorporated in the book, in the form of abstracts from first-time adopters' disclosures. These illustrations provide useful, practical examples of the choices and disclosures made by other IFRS preparers. They also provide users with an idea of the effects of first time adoption on the financial statements of a number of listed companies.
WG&L's Analysis of IFRS 1, First-Time Adoption also provides memos to save users time when providing management or internal or external clients with an overview of issues directly related to the first-time adoption of IFRSs.