Frequency of Updates:Annually
The Government Accounting and Financial Reporting Manual is the essential, practical treatise for anyone involved in government accounting or financial reporting.
The Manual provides detailed guidelines on everything from journal entries for specific funds and financial reporting requirements, to budgeting, cash management, and contracting for auditing and banking services. The Manual also analyzes major points of new government accounting and auditing pronouncements and provides specific guidance on their implementation.
In addition, it focuses on the special considerations of fund accounting, analyzes the major accounting and financial concerns for each type of fund, and offers practical solutions to the problems you're most likely to encounter in your everyday work. This reference is perfect for government financial managers, auditors, and accountants who must solve technical accounting and finance-related problems daily.
In-depth analysis in one convenient volume on all areas of government accounting, financial reporting, and financial managment:
- Raising capital
- New Government Reporting Model
- Capital project funds
- Special assessment projects
- Treasury management
- Management information systems
- Internal accounting and administrative control
Coverage on current government accounting and financial reporting issues, including:
- Updated information on current GASB pronouncements and projects that impact the financial reporting of state and local government
- Discussion on accounting and financial reporting for insurance recoveries and governmental funds
- Discussion on accounting for the impairment of capital assets
- New material on emergency financial management controls for use during disaster recovery
- New material on government ethics
- Updated material on single audit requirements