Frequency of Updates:Annually with one Supplement (as needed)
PPC's Payroll Tax Deskbook provides the guidance needed to efficiently manage and administer year-end and quarterly payroll reporting. It provides protection against costly payroll compliance penalties by furnishing the latest judicial, legislative, and administrative developments needed to comply with all federal withholding, deposit, and reporting requirements in an effective and efficient manner for a particular filing year.
Topics discussed include:
- Specific line-by-line guidance for preparing and filing the most commonly used payroll and information reporting forms including Forms W-2, W-4, 940, 941, 941-X, 943, 943-X, 944, 944-X, 945, 945-X, 1040 (Schedule H), 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, and 8027.
- Payroll tax withholding and deposit requirements.
- Worker classification (i.e., employee vs. independent contractor) including information on Section 530 relief.
- Paying U.S. citizens and resident aliens working abroad.
- Basic principles of an employer's payroll tax liability including information on common paymasters, affects of mergers and acquisitions, outsourcing payroll, and leasing employees.
- Trust fund recovery penalty and other penalties for not properly withholding, depositing, or reporting the correct amount of payroll tax.
- PPC's Payroll Tax Deskbook: List of Substantive Changes View