Frequency of Updates:
Principles of Payroll Administration blends a historical perspective on public policies and laws affecting payroll with a full explanation of the subject matter, using a building-block approach to guide you from the basic principles through complex applications of the material. It's a valuable research tool for payroll professionals with any level of professional experience.
This key resource also includes chapter quizzes, practice tests, and tips for preparing for the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exams.
The 2015 edition includes:
- A detailed explanation of documents employers must obtain when employees are owed a FICA tax refund.
- A new section on the new national retirement savings program (myRA), and how it will affect employers at the federal and state level.
- Updated information on nonqualified deferred compensation plans and their new risk to employers.
- Details on new state and local wage-hour concerns that employers must consider.
- By popular demand, updated state surveys and state contact directories for child support withholding orders, wage-hour, recordkeeping, state unemployment insurance facts, state Form W-4 requirements, and much more.
- New and revised IRS forms with filled-in examples.
- Updated practice tests and study aids–must-have tools for anyone preparing for the CPP and FPC exams, or for those using the guide for payroll training.
You are also invited to follow Debera Salam’s blog, Principles of Payroll Administration, at principlesofpayroll.wordpress.com.
Principles of Payroll Administration
- Chapter 1 - The Payroll Profession
- Chapter 2 - Who Are Employees?
- Chapter 3 - Wages and Benefits
- Chapter 4 - Wage-Hour Law and Family and Medical Leave
- Chapter 5 - Garnishments, Levies, and Other Deductions
- Chapter 6 - Disability Plans
- Chapter 7 - Withholding and Depositing Trust Fund Taxes
- Chapter 8 - Unemployment Taxes
- Chapter 9 - Wage and Tax Reporting
- Chapter 10 - Reporting Options and Tax Incentive Programs
- Chapter 11 - Payroll Accounting and Internal Control
- Chapter 12 - Managing Payroll
- Chapter 13 - Payroll Systems and Other Processing Options
- Chapter 14 - Direct Deposit and Electronic Funds Transfer
- Chapter 15 - Health, Cafeteria, Pension, Stock and Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- Chapter 16 - International Payroll: U.S. Employees Working Abroad and Non-AmericansWorking in the United States
- Chapter 17 - Government Payroll (Public Sector)
- Chapter 18 - Record Retention
- Chapter 19 - The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
- Chapter 20 - Dictionary of Terms and Acronyms
- Chapter 21 - Preparing for the CPP and FPC Examinations
- Answer Key
- Test Your Skills
- Principles of Payroll Administration blog View