Frequency of Updates:
Principles of Payroll Administration blends a historical perspective on public policies and laws affecting payroll with a full explanation of the subject matter, using a building-block approach to guide you from the basic principles through complex applications of the material. It's a valuable research tool for payroll professionals with any level of professional experience.
This key resource also includes chapter quizzes, practice tests, and tips for preparing for the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exams.
The 2015 edition includes:
- A detailed explanation of documents employers must obtain when employees are owed a FICA tax refund.
- A new section on the new national retirement savings program (myRA), and how it will affect employers at the federal and state level.
- Updated information on nonqualified deferred compensation plans and their new risk to employers.
- Details on new state and local wage-hour concerns that employers must consider.
- By popular demand, updated state surveys and state contact directories for child support withholding orders, wage-hour, recordkeeping, state unemployment insurance facts, state Form W-4 requirements, and much more.
- New and revised IRS forms with filled-in examples.
- Updated practice tests and study aids–must-have tools for anyone preparing for the CPP and FPC exams, or for those using the guide for payroll training.
You are also invited to follow Debera Salam’s blog, Principles of Payroll Administration, at principlesofpayroll.wordpress.com.
- Principles of Payroll Administration
- Chapter I: INTRODUCTION TO THE 30TH EDITION
- Chapter U: 2015 Update
- Chapter 1: THE PAYROLL PROFESSION
- Chapter 2: WHO ARE EMPLOYEES?
- Chapter 3: WAGES AND BENEFITS
- Chapter 4: WAGE-HOUR LAW AND FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE
- Chapter 5: GARNISHMENTS, LEVIES, AND OTHER DEDUCTIONS
- Chapter 6: DISABILITY PLANS
- Chapter 7: WITHHOLDING AND DEPOSITING TRUST FUND TAXES
- Chapter 8: UNEMPLOYMENT TAXES
- Chapter 9: WAGE AND TAX REPORTING
- Chapter 10: REPORTING OPTIONS AND TAX INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
- Chapter 11: PAYROLL ACCOUNTING AND INTERNAL CONTROL
- Chapter 12: MANAGING PAYROLL
- Chapter 13: PAYROLL SYSTEMS AND OTHER PROCESSING OPTIONS
- Chapter 14: DIRECT DEPOSIT AND ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER
- Chapter 15: HEALTH, CAFETERIA, PENSION, STOCK AND NONQUALIFIEDDEFERRED COMPENSATIONPLANS
- Chapter 16: INTERNATIONAL PAYROLL: U.S. EMPLOYEES WORKING ABROAD AND NON-AMERICANS WORKING IN THE UNITED STATES
- Chapter 17: GOVERNMENT PAYROLL (PUBLIC SECTOR)
- Chapter 18: RECORD RETENTION
- Chapter 19: THE IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT OF 1986
- Chapter 20: DICTIONARY OF TERMS AND ACRONYMS
- Chapter 21: PREPARING FOR THE CPP AND FPC EXAMINATIONS
- Chapter 22: ANSWER KEY
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 14
- Chapter 15
- Chapter 16
- Chapter 17
- Chapter 18
- Chapter 19
- Chapter 23: TEST YOUR SKILLS
- Answer Keys
- Principles of Payroll Administration blog View