Frequency of Updates:Quarterly
EBIA Suite puts eight employee benefits compliance manuals at your fingertips. Our nationally recognized manuals are written by experienced employee benefits attorneys and are relied upon by employers, administrators, advisors, and government officials. Each manual explains and analyzes the law, and features practical examples, tips, checklists, tables, and sample documents. You'll also receive the EBIA Newsletter, our weekly newsletter covering the latest employee benefits developments.
Your subscription includes:
- Cafeteria Plans: One of the nation's leading resources on legal requirements for cafeteria plans, health FSAs, and DCAPs.
- Consumer-Driven Health Care: Everything you need to understand and implement HSAs, HRAs, and other consumer-driven arrangements.
- COBRA: The Developing Law: Explains all aspects of the complicated COBRA rules.
- ERISA Compliance for Health & Welfare Plans: Covers ERISA's requirements in detail, including reporting, disclosure, claim procedures, plan documents, and more.
- Fringe Benefits: The ins-and-outs of transportation plans, adoption assistance, educational assistance, vacation/paid time off, employee discounts, and other fringe benefits.
- Group Health Plans: Federal Mandates Other Than COBRA & HIPAA: Covers important federal mandates that are often overlooked, such as mental health parity, Medicare secondary payer rules, and many others.
- HIPAA Portability, Privacy & Security: Comprehensive coverage of HIPAA's requirements for group health plans.
- 401(k) Plans: Legal requirements for 401(k) plans, including eligibility, vesting, nondiscrimination, fiduciary duties, and others.
List of Content (Click any title to expand the list)
- I. Overview of This Manual
- II. Cafeteria Plans: The Short Course
- III. Why Have a Cafeteria Plan?
- IV. Governing Law for Cafeteria Plans
- V. Types of Cafeteria Plans & How They Work
- VI. [Reserved]
- VII. Overview of Cafeteria Plan Legal Requirements
- VIII. Who Can Sponsor a Cafeteria Plan?
- IX. Who Can Participate in a Cafeteria Plan?
- X. What Benefits Can Be Offered Under a Cafeteria Plan?
- XI. Offering Dependent Health Coverage Under a Cafeteria Plan
- XII. Contributions and Cash-Outs
- XIII. General Rules Governing Participant Elections
- XIV. When May Participant Elections Be Changed?
- XV. [Reserved]
- XVI. Selected Cafeteria Plan Design and Administration Issues
- XVII. Other Laws That Affect Cafeteria Plans
- XVIII. [Reserved]
- XIX. Overview of Legal Requirements for Health FSAs
- XX. What Expenses Can Be Reimbursed Under a Health FSA?
- XXI. Selected Health FSA Plan Design and Administration Issues
- XXII. Other Laws That Affect Health FSAs
- XXIII. Overview of Legal Requirements for DCAPs
- XXIV. What Expenses Can Be Reimbursed Under a DCAP?
- XXV. Selected DCAP Design and Administration Issues
- XXVI.-XXVII. [Reserved]
- XXVIII. Nondiscrimination Rules—The Core Concepts
- XXIX. Cafeteria Plan Nondiscrimination Rules
- XXX. [Reserved]
- XXXI. Health FSA Nondiscrimination Rules
- XXXII. DCAP Nondiscrimination Rules
- XXXIII. Simple Cafeteria Plans
- XXXIV. Form 5500 and Other Reporting Requirements
- XXXV. Required Disclosures to Cafeteria Plan, Health FSA, and DCAP Participants
- XXXVI. Establishing, Administering, and Terminating a Cafeteria Plan
- XXXVII. Mistakes Happen: Correcting Administrative Errors and Compliance Problems
- XXXVIII. IRS Audits of Cafeteria Plans
- Table of Contents: Sample Documents