Frequency of Updates:Quarterly
EBIA Welfare Benefits Library provides you with access to seven topic-specific products, as well as the EBIA Newsletter and a host of primary source material.
The topic-specific products included in EBIA Welfare Benefits Library are:
- Cafeteria Plans: the nation's #1 resource for cafeteria plan sponsors and administrators. Provides detailed coverage of all legal requirements for cafeteria plans, health FSAs, and DCAPs. With numerous examples, tables, charts, in-depth legal analysis, and sample documents EBIA Cafeteria Plans; discusses just about every imaginable plan design and administration issue.
- Consumer Driven Healthcare: provides employers and advisors with the top-notch legal analysis, practical tips, and useful examples they need to understand what consumer-driven health care is and to be able to compare, choose, and implement various tax-favored arrangements, such as health savings accounts (HSAs) and health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs).
- COBRA: The Developing Law: explores the nuances of COBRA using real-life examples that serve as a platform for discussing the complicated COBRA rules. Topics include: what employers and plans are subject to COBRA; what triggers the obligation to offer COBRA; who must be offered COBRA; what type of coverage must be offered; how long does COBRA last; electing COBRA; COBRA paperwork; and much more.
- ERISA Compliance for Health & Welfare Plans: discusses what benefits are subject to ERISA, then explains ERISA's requirements in detail with examples, checklists, court case summaries, tables, Q&As, and compliance tips. The manual includes in-depth coverage of reporting & disclosure requirements (Form 5500, SPDs, etc.), fiduciary duties, benefits claims procedures, plan documents, handling of participant contributions, benefits disputes, and much more.
- Fringe Benefits : provides employers and advisors with the top-notch legal analysis, practical tips, and useful examples they need to understand what fringe benefits are and to be able to compare, choose, and implement various fringe benefits: pre-tax transportation plans, adoption assistance plans, educational assistance plans, vacation/paid time off (PTO) plans, moving expenses, and employee discounts.
- Group Health Plans: Federal Mandates Other Than COBRA & HIPAA : covers important federal mandates for group health plans that are often overlooked: QMCSOs, the Mental Health Parity Act, minimum hospital stays for newborns and mothers, the Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act, federal employment laws affecting group health plans (FMLA, ADA, ADEA, USERRA, etc.), Medicare Part D notice requirements, Medicare Secondary Payer, HMO nondiscrimination requirements, etc.
- HIPAA Portability, Privacy & Security : provides comprehensive coverage of HIPAA's requirements. It includes HIPAA's privacy and security rules (and EDI and other administrative simplification rules) for group health plans, and HIPAA's portability rules, including pre-existing condition exclusions (PCEs), HIPAA certificates, special enrollments, nondiscrimination, insurance market provisions, etc.
- EBIA Newsletter : weekly newsletter that covers all significant developments within the scope of EBIA's topic specific products. In addition to articles on recent developments, each edition of the EBIA Weekly includes a Question of the Week. EBIA Weekly archives collect all EBIA Weekly articles and Questions of the Week back to 2001.