Frequency of Updates:2 times/year
Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation delivers expert analysis and coverage for typical and high-end estates, all within a "reader-friendly" text that can also be used to explain sophisticated estate planning techniques to clients.
Numerous practice pointers, drafting tips, and examples guide the reader through both standard and “cutting edge” estate planning tactics.
With Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation by your side, you will:
- design more effective estate plans;
- initiate estate planning techniques at more strategically decisive vantage points;
- avoid costly pitfalls; and
- create opportunities for estate/gift tax minimization and take advantage of situations leading to such opportunities.
Professional advisors who specialize in the areas of estate planning, business succession planning, taxation, and trust law will also be particularly impressed by the scope and depth of this treatise's coverage of specialized, high-end estate planning techniques, such as the creation and funding of designer charities. Such experts will also find great value in the treatise's discussion of:
- Solutions for estate planning issues created by asset protection techniques;
- Strategies for dealing with estates holding large blocks of registered securities;
- Specialized tactics for high-end international estates; and
- Other unique issues that must be addressed by the high-end estate planner.
This treatise includes detailed examination of:
- The fundamentals of estate planning under the estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes (as well as the income taxation of trusts, estates, and beneficiaries).
- Strategies for making inter vivos gifts of present and future interests;
- Effective use of assets providing death benefits (e.g., life insurance, commercial annuities, qualified retirement benefits, and IRAs);
- The use of family businesses and investment entities as estate planning tools;
- The use of non-charitable actuarial techniques (e.g., qualified personal residence trusts and private annuities) in estate planning;
- Valuation planning and estate freezing techniques;
- Post mortem issues and providing liquidity in the estate; and
- Much more.