Frequency of Updates:
Guidance on planning and managing taxes for financial institutions in a changing and challenging financial environment.
Federal Income Taxation of Banks & Financial Institutions, Seventh Edition is the most detailed and up-to-date source of information for financial institutions.
Professor Langbein outlines the basic tax issues facing banks, bank holding companies, and financial holding companies. In one convenient source, get all the information you need on the AMT, currency transactions, bad debt, interest expenses, federal financial assistance, as well as emerging issues such as compliance with money laundering and financial anti-terrorism measures.
- Langbein: Federal Income Taxation of Banks & Financial Institutions
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Bank Tax Accounting
- Chapter 3: Interest Income
- Chapter 4: Gain or Loss From Property Dealings
- Chapter 5: Miscellaneous Bank Income
- Chapter 6: Deductions
- Chapter 7: Nonbanking Activities
- Chapter 8: Acquisitions
- Chapter 9: The Alternative Minimum Tax
- Chapter 10: Wholesale Financial Products
- Chapter 11: Retail Investment Products
- Chapter 12: Taxation of International Banking
- Chapter 13: Consolidated Returns
- Chapter 14: Tax Procedure
- Chapter 15: S Corporation Status for Banks