Frequency of Updates:Annually
Estate planning is more than just planning for transfer taxes. The recent changes will significantly impact the focus of estate planning. It's more important than ever to revisit your clients' existing estate plans to help them plan for their financial and personal needs after retirement, as well as evaluate and help them implement their goals for transferring their wealth. Estate planning involves both tax saving and nontax planning services. PPC's Guide to Practical Estate Planning can help you develop practical solutions to wealth transfer challenges.
This Guide covers:
- How to decide between the portability election and bypass trusts
- Elder care planning
- Planning for incapacity
- Beneficiary designations for qualified retirement plans and IRAs and life insurance policies
- Creating family limited partnerships
- Retirement plan distributions
- Advantages of lifetime giving
- Benefits of creating life insurance trusts
- Charitable transfers
- Advantages of creating lifetime trusts such as grantor retained annuity trusts, granter retained unitrusts, and qualified personal residence trusts.
Also included are numerous timesaving practice aids that show you what to look for when reviewing a will or trust instrument, how to perform a life insurance checkup, and how to determine the income tax consequences of property distributions from an estate.