Frequency of Updates:Annually
The step-by-step approach of PPC's Guide to Real Estate Taxation covers every major aspect of real estate taxation for both real estate dealers and real estate investors. The Guide explains the tax consequences associated with acquiring, developing, operating, and selling or exchanging real estate.
Practical, how-to guidance is also provided on depreciation, the uniform capitalization rules, long-term contracts, the domestic production activities deduction, and passive loss limitations. The Guide also includes extensive coverage of personal residence transactions, including mortgage interest, vacation homes, and estate planning for real estate holdings.
Real estate taxation is an area where major tax dollars can be saved with up-front planning for the investment. The Guide provides numerous planning tips and information that can aid in:
- Determining the most beneficial way to own real property
- Choosing the most beneficial accounting method
- Documenting non-dealer status
- Achieving a successful tax-deferred exchange
- Maximizing depreciation deductions
- Estate planning for transferring real estate investments to heirs
The Guide includes practical guidance on new legislation, regulations, IRS pronouncements, and case law to help you ensure that clients take advantage of all the latest tax-saving provisions, while avoiding potentially costly mistakes.
- PPC's Guide to Real Estate Taxation: List of Substantive Changes View