Frequency of Updates:Monthly
Brand:Research Institute of America
Sales & Use Tax Rate Lookup provides detailed sales and use tax rate information for every city, county and state.
Delivered right to your desktop, a researcher can quickly determine the proper sales and use tax rate for any transaction. RIA's comprehensive database includes more than 41,000 sales and use tax rates for over 6,500 taxing jurisdictions.
- Retrieve rate information by zip code, city, county or state using easy-to-use search screens
- Summary screens help pinpoint important rate information
- "Effective date" column immediately shows whether the updated rate is a new tax or a change to an existing rate
- Special tax rate information and exceptions are footnoted in the detailed screen
New Enhancements now Available
Having access to current, accurate sales and use tax rates is critical for the state tax researcher. Now, Checkpoint® delivers sales and use tax rates right to your desktop! Quickly determine the proper sales and use tax rate for any transaction.
What does Sales & Use Rate Lookup offer?
Search by State or County or City Name for Current Month Rates
- Search current rates for an entire state, county, or city
- See a list of all counties in a state on a drop down menu
- See a list of all cities in a county on a drop down menu
Search by Zip or Zip+4
Search for Prior Rates
- Search for prior year rates by state, county or city back to February 2007
- Select “Start” and “End” effective date to compare rates back to February 2007
- Select different rate types (Consumers Use, Rental, Sales, Seller Use)
- Select multiple states for your search
- Create a list of Saved Jurisdictions
- Checkpoint State and Local Tax Brochure View