Principles of Payroll Administration is the original single-volume guide to payroll compliance, and for more than 30 years it has provided practitioners and those preparing for the payroll certification exams the most complete information available. The 2017 edition includes:
- The new rules governing when employers don’t need to correct small Form W-2 errors and updated 2017 Form W-2 reporting requirements
- New rules governing direct deposit and an updated 2017 state survey
- The latest guidance on what’s required when issuing refunds of Social Security and Medicare tax employees
- By popular demand, updated state surveys and state contact directories for child support withholding orders, wage-hour, recordkeeping, state unemployment insurance, state Form W-4 requirements, and much more.
- New and revised IRS forms with filled-in examples.
- Updated practice tests and study aids–must-have tools for anyone preparing for the CPP and FPC exams, or for those using the guide for payroll training.
Principles of Payroll Administration contains more than 2,000 pages of clear, concise information, including real-life examples, sample forms, state surveys and directories, and citations to government sources to support your every move. It is written by Debera J. Salam, CPP, who is director of Ernst & Young’s Payroll Information and Process Services. The book also includes insights from other experienced tax and payroll professionals.
Free EY Payroll Newsflash™ with your subscription! Subscribers to Principles of Payroll Administration can now keep up to date throughout the year with insights on the latest federal and state payroll developments with these complimentary news alerts from Debera Salam and Ernst & Young LLP. EY Payroll Newsflash™ is conveniently emailed with a descriptive subject line that includes the jurisdiction and topic covered in the attached news alert.