See also the Checkpoint Tax Return Compliance package, which includes the online version of this PPC deskbook.
PPC's 5500 Deskbook provides line-by-line guidance for completing the Form 5500 series returns (Forms 5500, 5500-SF, 5500-EZ, 8955-SSA) and the related schedules. Guidance focused on the tax return includes real-life examples and illustrations of filled-in forms, as well as practice aids, to enable you to prepare returns accurately and efficiently.
The Deskbook goes beyond providing instructions on correctly completing the forms by providing a timesaving approach to determining filing requirements, obtaining the information needed to complete the reporting requirements, completing an annual plan compliance check-up, and determining when a plan should use one of the correction programs available to resolve qualification issues.
With this Deskbook, you not only have detailed, easy to understand guidance, you'll also get:
- Quick reference tables to help you find an amount or rate, filing, reporting, and disclosure requirements; and compliance limits that apply to qualified plans
- Sample reports, statements, and worksheets to make it easier to efficiently prepare the return
- Checklists to help complete the return accurately the first time
- Basic concepts of nondiscrimination, coverage, participation, and compliance to enable you to better understand the questions and information required to prepare the returns
- Processing alerts to help prevent DOL filing errors
Authored by respected internal and external industry experts with decades of practice experience, PPC's Form 5500 Deskbook is an industry leading guide. Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned benefit professional, you'll find the Deskbook a must-have resource for completing the Form 5500 series returns.