The trusted tax depreciation guide book
The Depreciation Quickfinder Handbook is your trusted source for quick reference solutions to help you determine the right recovery period, compute the right amount of depreciation, decide whether expenses need to be capitalized, manage the special rules for autos and other listed property, claim the Section 179 and bonus depreciation deductions, correct depreciation errors, work with like-kind exchanges and involuntary conversions, and simplify a host of other complex tax issues. It provides quick answers to all your business property questions in a concise, easy-to-use format.
The depreciation book depended on by tax and accounting professionals
For tax professionals who need more information on business property issues, this Handbook is the perfect companion to the widely relied upon 1040 and Small Business Quickfinder Handbooks. It concisely explains how to handle business property issues on tax returns, and how to plan business property transactions for optimal tax results.
The Handbook gets you the accurate answers you need quickly with:
- Material that’s organized in a unique tab structure based on the issues you most frequently encounter with business property tax topics
- Lots of quick reference tables and charts that get you the answers you need without having to read through pages and pages of text, including easy-to-read depreciation tables for MACRS (with or without bonus depreciation), ADS, AMT, and ACRS
- Examples throughout that illustrate how the tax rules apply and how to report items on the return
- A new law tab that summarizes significant current-year tax changes that are addressed throughout the Handbook so you can quickly get up to speed on what’s changed and what to watch out for when preparing current-year returns
- References to relevant Internal Revenue Code sections, IRS regulations and rulings, and court cases, so you can dig deeper when needed
- Coverage of property dispositions, including tricky tax rules for installment sales, like-kind exchanges, and depreciation recapture
See information above for new edition availability. To order the current or prior tax year editions, please call us at 800-431-9025.