Complex and frequently changing tax laws and regulations put added pressure on you and your staff – and with the latest changes, tax compliance work is more challenging than ever before. The Thomson Reuters Checkpoint™ Tax Preparer package is perfect for tax professionals who offer individual and small business tax return services.
With this package, you’ll be able to cut through your compliance workload by using timesaving resources such as:
Get fast access to the trusted answers and a proven path to the actions needed to take using Answer Path on Checkpoint. Plus, you and your team will stay on top of the latest tax news with EY Tax Alerts, Tax Watch, and much more. With the collection of outstanding resources and tools, it'll be easier than ever to ensure that your clients’ tax returns are accurately, consistently, and efficiently prepared.
- Checkpoint Edge, the next generation of our Checkpoint research and guidance tool for tax and accounting professionals, trusted by 200,000 users. It delivers the latest in artificial intelligence, cognitive computing, and machine learning technologies, combined with the tax and accounting expertise of our editorial staff.
- PPC’s Deskbooks™ with Interactive Practice Aids. PPC’s Deskbooks provide you with complete and easy-to-understand answers for solving real-life tax return preparation issues, bridging the gap between interpreting the tax law, and reporting real-life client transactions. Workflow guidance, tools and other practice aids help to ensure returns are accurately prepared. Additionally, you’ll have access to roadmaps that will enable you to identify potential tax planning opportunities for clients, as well as integration with UltraTax CS® software that provides context-specific answers as you’re working within your clients’ returns.
- IRS Response Library - The comprehensive tool you need to efficiently respond to your clients’ IRS notices, project billable hours and increase client satisfaction and retention
- PPC’s Practitioners Tax Action Bulletin - Unlike traditional tax newsletters that interpret the plain letter of the law, PPC’s Practitioners Tax Action Bulletins go the extra mile to provide practitioners with practical, action-oriented guidance. It doesn’t just report tax developments — it tells you what they mean for you and your clients, and what you need to do about them
- Covid19 Resources. We are your trusted partner in challenging times and as the Coronavirus (Covid-19) continues to impact us, our main objective is to support you and your business, and to navigate this complicated and ever-changing environment together with you. Rely on resources included with your subscription, created by our tax and legal experts, to assist you as you prepare and respond.
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) coverage includes:
- The new Qualified Business Income Deduction
- Cost Recovery Provisions related to numerous changes to bonus depreciation, the Section 179 deduction, and other cost recovery provisions.
- Favorable accounting methods changes that expand the definition of who is eligible to use the cash method, as well as those who are exempted from the requirements that apply to the uniform capitalization rules, use IRC Sec. 471 rules to account for inventory, and use the percentage-of-completion method for long term contracts.
Cut through your compliance workload by using timesaving resources such as PPC Deskbooks™ with Interactive Practice Aids, the Federal Tax Handbook, the IRS Response Library and the Tax Action Bulletin. Your staff will have fast access to the trusted answers they need and a proven path to the actions they need to take using Answer Path on Checkpoint. Plus, you and your team will stay on top of the latest tax news with EY Tax Alerts, Tax Watch, and much more.
With the collection of outstanding resources and tools in the Checkpoint Tax Preparer Package, it’ll be easier than ever to ensure that your clients’ tax returns are accurately, consistently, and efficiently prepared.
- IRS Response Library
- PPC’s 1040 Deskbook and Interactive Practice Aids
- PPC’s 1065 Deskbook and Interactive Practice Aids
- PPC’s 1120S Deskbook and Interactive Practice Aids
- Tax Action Bulletin
- Federal Tax Update
- EY Tax Alerts
- Tax Watch
- News and Insight
- PPC’s Five-Minute Tax Briefing
Comprehensive primary source materials include:
- AFTR, Tax Court and Board of Tax appeals
- Decisions, citation tracker, and more
- IRS practice: Internal Revenue Manual
- Pending and enacted legislation: Includes current Congress and committee reports, pending legislation, bill tracker, and more
- Answer Path: Quick Topic Orientation, Quick Tax Amounts
- e-Form RS®: Federal and state
- Form/Line Finder: Individual, corporation, partnership, estate and trust income, gift (and GST), estate (and GST), exempt organization, and employee benefit plan returns
- Calculators: Auto, business, credit card, investment, loan, mortgage, personal, retirement, savings, tax
- Community: Secure online community exclusively for tax and accounting customers of Thomson Reuters
- Federal Tax Handbook
- PPC’s Guide to Tax-Related Identity Theft