In addition to the general tax rules that apply to all individuals, some individuals are subject to special tax rules that apply to them because of their occupation, investments, or life events. As a tax preparer, you’ll likely encounter these types of clients so it’s important to have a tax resource specifically designed to answer the questions you’ll face when preparing their returns.
The 2014 print and ProView eBook tax year editions will be available in December 2014. Pre-order your edition today. To order the current 2013 tax year edition, please call us at 800-510-8997.
The Individuals - Special Tax Situations Quickfinder Handbook will save you time and money on those out of the ordinary tax returns or tax situations you’ll encounter when preparing individual returns. It covers more than 30 types of unique taxpayers.
The Handbook includes:
- A Quick Tax Briefing that provides an at-a-glance summary of the key tax rules and relevant IRS materials
- Key Terms and definitions you need to know about each type of client
- Tax preparation guidance covering the unique rules and filing requirements specific types of taxpayers
- Timesaving tips, observations, cautions, strategies, and other preparation alerts
- Reference to real-life examples
- Quick reference tables and charts
By honing in on the specific tax rules that apply to specific taxpayers, the Individuals - Special Tax Situations Quickfinder Handbook is the perfect complement to the 1040 Quickfinder Handbook.